The sun may be starting to hide more, but that doesn’t mean your skin can’t keep shining! We have a few nutritious tricks up our sleeves to get yourself some glowing skin!
3 Ways to Get Glowing Skin
Keeping your skin healthy and radiant is as easy as incorporating Vitamin E, biotin, and lots of hydration into your diet.
So Here’s the Lowdown:
An antioxidant that helps protect cells against damage caused by free radicals. Found in dark, leafy greens, nuts and nut butters, seeds, and plant oils, olive oil.
Essential for growth and also assists with metabolism. Found in eggs, pork, salmon, nutritional yeast, and whole grains, such as whole-wheat bread.
Avocados are an excellent and delicious source of both vitamin E and biotin. One cup of avocado contains about 3.1 milligrams of vitamin E and 2-6 micrograms of biotin.
These also contain both vitamin E and biotin. A quarter cup of raw almonds contains about 9.2 milligrams of vitamin E and 14.7 micrograms of biotin.
A “glowing skin” breakfast
A couple of eggs cooked in olive oil with a side of avocado, and of course, some other vegetables thrown in for good measure. Enjoy a handful of almonds as a snack to boost your vitamin E and biotin intake. Try our favorite vitamin E and biotin boosting breakfast below.
Cheesy Sweet Potato and Egg Hash[emaillocker]
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped into ½ inch pieces
- ½ cup baby Portobello mushrooms, cleaned and diced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup shredded part skim mozzarella
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- ½ ripe avocado
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook sweet potatoes pieces for about 15-20 minutes until crispy.
- Add mushrooms to sweet potatoes and cook for another five minutes until soft. Sprinkle with scallions and ground black pepper.
- Make four holes in the sweet potato and mushrooms mixture to cook your eggs. Place an egg in each hole and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cook eggs to your liking.
- Top hash with avocado and serve immediately.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes | Number of Servings: 2[/emaillocker]